Friday, August 24, 2012

WERE BACK!! thank goodness summer was to long

8-24
 Truth be told we were back Monday but the girls have running  mostly half days so we were just getting back into the swing of things! I'm very excited about this school year. We have decided to try  a year round curriculum; wish me luck!
 For those that speak home school language  we are using Spectrum for science and language arts, SingaporeMath for math (obviously),K-12 reader 3rd grade spelling list, and are giving 6+1 Traits of writing a try. Writing is the only thing the boy does not like to do! We also purchased Carmen Sandiego's great chase through time and The Oregon Trail. Can't wait to start those because Caiden most definitely is mike's kiddo; if it's in video game form he'll try it :)
 He has been reading the Beast Quest series this summer and I don't believe he has any intentions of switching just because school started LOL. That's ok there is something like 60 of them he can read them out loud to me. Should keep him busy for awhile :) I have been reading him The Five Ancestors series for awhile now. We are currently on book four out of six I believe. Nothing beats beasts and warrior monks LOL. Have I mentioned I love having a boy :)
 Speaking of boy for anyone who missed the memo we are now the proud parents of brooklyn also! The official date was August 8th. She however would "rather drop dead than be home schooled" lol
I guess 16 is a little to old to start and we are far to alike to have a teacher student relationship! I'm very proud of all the hard work she has done over the last three years though and very proud she would pick us as parents :)
battleship at Em and Jerry's

play dough lake with an elf in a boat going to the market to but elf fruits; which all had names I can't remember  now :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment