Friday, April 13, 2012

Thursday and friday excitment!! 4/12/2012 4/13/2012

Thursday we did a very normal school day language arts, math, science, and grandma showed up? We love those grandmas! Caiden's tiny clown fish is VERY lonely so Grandma Alice showed up to take him to the fish store and buy him a friend :) Clowns,corals and anemones here we come :)
So now baby A has baby B to snuggle with :) Unfortunately later in the day Caiden's tank decided to spontaneously crack and baby A and baby B who where by that point named Tom and Aleena, the main characters in his Beast Quest books, moved to daddy's tank! He's fishy sitting until Caiden gets a new tank; but Tom and Aleena are very happy in Daddy's reef tank so all is good :)

I get ahead of myself though before all our tank excitement we finished our reading. Caiden started
                                    It's fun listening to him read a book written in old english :)
We finished Who was Ben Franklin and he wrote down what he learned from it. I love how different the things we remember are.


and with all the excitement of the day......we completely forgot his spelling list! He reminds me of this at bed time of course :)

4/13/2012
Today is going to be wonderful! Caiden and I won an essay contest at the library; you had to write about how the library has changed your life :). Caiden got $50.00 in chamber bucks (money you can spend at local businesses)  for the kids essay and I got $25.00 for the adults. I was one of 2 winners for the adult category.The really awesome part of this story is what Caiden decided to do with his money and by the end of the day what he got with mine LOL. He took his chamber bucks into Laree's the local toy store and bought the library 3 new puzzles, two wooden ones and a large floor puzzle. Have I mentioned I love this boy? :) That didn't leave him with much so I gave him my 25 so he could get what he wanted. Well he picked out 3 things two of which he put back because he found something he KNEW Levi (his cousin) would love......but then thought about the fact that Kassidy (Levi's sister) would be left out :(  So he put everything back and got a smaller thing for himself and something for both his cousins :) PROUDEST MAMA ever I'm pretty sure :D Here is the link to the library page with a pick of Mister and his Chamber Bucks (there is one of me to but ignore that LOL)
library link

We had done all our school work before going to the library. He got 15/16 on his spelling list which he informed me if he had done it yesterday he would have gotten them all right! and he is probably correct on that fact.. We jumped subjects in science again and read the book a monarch's journey after which we hopped on line to find more facts about their journey and the loss of habitat; which ended in us ordering milkweed seeds and me making a phone call Monday to see if we can plant a large butterfly garden across from us by the creek. Cross your fingers for me and hope the city department thinks it's a good idea too! :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my baby's generous caring heart :) and just in case you want to join in http://www.got-milkweed.com/  . If you hit the raise your own button you can get seeds cheap :)


No comments:

Post a Comment